Home | Contact | atom | rss  

why oh why must . . .

everybody have a blog?

Dream #1

and for something which can't possibly be tagged as political.

My extremely inconsiderate neighbours decided to get up this Sunday morning and start slamming car doors and shouting outside at 0658. That's two minutes to seven O'clock. On a Sunday morning. Bastards. But anyway, the spawn of this rude awakening was a couple of hours of weird, unusual for me, dreamy sleep. It went something like this:


there was a hill, which was more like a mountain. A big scary one. And I think I was racing somebody up it. Winning of course, what's the point of a dream if you can't embelish athletic ability a bit?

But then, it turned out that I was actually racing to rescue somebody. Damsel in distress style? Am I that chivalrous? Well there were no horses around...

So I get to the top of the hill and there's a cliff, turns out the mountain was by the sea. AND, it turns out that the lady is stuck on a rock halfway down the cliff.

So then it all gets a bit crazy and there's a helicopter and boats and a ladder. I remember racing up that ladder and getting to the top (beating the other would be rescuer, of course). And who should the lady be? but Lana Lang from Smallville.

And then I was so surprised to find her there that I fell off the rock - in the dream.


So, by the time I woke up I was just totally bemused. Yes, dreams are weird, but shouldn't you just be ready for anything? What was it about Lana? I mean, it could have been Joan of Arc. It was a dream. Who cares?

Either way, I should probably lay off the Smallville for a while. :S

2 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

hmmm, probably not the best piece of blogging ever. Blame it on lack of sleep. Or something...

Sun Apr 24, 06:29:00 PM GMT  
Blogger felicity said...

Nah! Dreams are often a tad on the wierd side, and in real life many people don't discuss them, unless with a therapist. Yours seems to indicate that you are striving to find something/someone but are not confidant enough in your ability to keep them/maintain a relationship. Hey who am I to talk? I'm the girl who dreamt of searching for a red leather sofa ;p

Thu Apr 28, 06:12:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home