Home | Contact | atom | rss  

why oh why must . . .

everybody have a blog?

missed content

Further to comments on my British Blogging post:

an awful lot of stuff must get missed, certainly by me and probably by 99.9999% of users out there. So I started to think about how I end up reading any blogs at all.

I've got no idea how I got to Herge's blog Angry Chimp, maybe I did yesterday when I bookmarked it. But now, none at all.

There's no "audit trail", except for maybe searching through blogrolls. And I think that's where the community aspects of stuff like Yahoo 360 or Live Journal. And I've got no idea where Technorati et al come into it. Although I think I might start experimenting with the whole "tags" thing. Is it bad form to tag your own posts as ? Or is that the point? [Edit: I didn't get the tagging bit quite right]

I'm gonna think some more... but anybody got any ideas?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sniffy said...

I have to agree that Angry Chimp is one of the funniest things on the interweb, but it's not nearly as funny as Cakesniffers Beware.

I think I came across the Chimp when I was blog-cruising one day in February. His accuracy, forward-thinking and innovative methods of reporting current affairs had me hooked and I blogged it there and then. I recommend the Chimp to anybody who's feeling a little out of touch with the world.

Wed Apr 27, 05:08:00 PM GMT  
Blogger madgirl said...

heya chris :)

just wanted to thank you for stoppin by and wavin and all that :) im not much help with any of your questions cuz im kinda new to the bloggin thang. its kinda neat checkin out other peoples stuff tho :)

take care huh? hope you come by and visit sometimes :)

Thu Apr 28, 02:14:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home