Home | Contact | atom | rss  

why oh why must . . .

everybody have a blog?

Who *should* I vote for?


Who Should You Vote For?

Who should I vote for?

Your expected outcome:

Labour


Your actual outcome:




Labour 19
Conservative -32

Liberal Democrat 44

UK Independence Party 3

Green 13


You should vote: Liberal Democrat

The LibDems take a strong stand against tax cuts and a strong one in favour of public services: they would make long-term residential care for the elderly free across the UK, and scrap university tuition fees. They are in favour of a ban on smoking in public places, but would relax laws on cannabis. They propose to change vehicle taxation to be based on usage rather than ownership.

Take the test at Who Should You Vote For



I won't though. Certainly not while "first past the post" is still in operation. And actually, I probably wouldn't anyway. My Labour candidate is too good an MP.

But still, let's support Charter88 and Make My Vote Count because proportional representation should be at least considered.

2 Comments:

Blogger felicity said...

d'ya know, I think this quiz is fixed. You're the 4th person I know who's done it and they all come back with LibDem.....
Is it sponsored by them per chance?

Sat Apr 16, 10:43:00 PM GMT  
Blogger chris said...

I imagine that they had the idea of pushing the smaller parties so I guess they've picked their questions carefully.

Plus the Lib Dems have set out with the idea of distancing themselves from the big two so if you happen to disagree with a poorly put question it assumes that you must agree with what's in the Lib Dem manifesto.

This test by Chris Lightfoot is a better statistical treatment. Giving you a "leftward" or "rightward" leaning and a "UKIP axis" to position yourself on.

and I should probably say that this comes via the Guardian's Election blog.

Sat Apr 16, 11:15:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home