Home | Contact | atom | rss  

why oh why must . . .

everybody have a blog?

Results

So its May 6th and The Prime Minister's birthday. I guess to keep with the theme of the day he's allowed a cake to celebrate, complete with 52 candles, but rather than yummy chocolate he'll have to have fruit cake.

I don't know, that cake metaphor didn't really turn out all that well...

anyways, Labour looses a great deal of seats, majority cut to sixty odd. That's going to make for some pretty lengthy debates in the commons - although they might not be as fun without Bob Marshall-Andrews who, despite being "backbencher of the year" at some point and a large thorn in Blair's side, has lost his seat. Boo.

The thing is, the BBC has been throwing thousands of pounds worth of computer generated "swing-o-meters" onto the screen, with Peter Snow jumping about like a crazy person but its all not very useful. Who cares that Tory voters voted Tory, the interesting thing in 1997 and 2001 was that usual Conservative voters switched to Labour; that they've switched back this year is no surprise.

What I want to see is a breakdown of which seats went to the Conservative candidate because Labour voters "protest voted" with the Liberal Democrats. In my constituency the Lib Dem candidate pulled ahead of the Tory :)

I'm looking toward some industrious person like Chris Lightfoot for that kind of information.

2 Comments:

Blogger Herge Smith said...

The cake metaphor kinda worked, not sure if he's a fruit cake, more a sociopath.

Blimey, did you see Galloway and ya man Paxman go at it last night? Check it out here;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/vote_2005/frontpage/4519575.stm

As for tories going labour vice versa (literally vice - I preferred the days of sleaze over the days of unchecked aggression against muslim countries - bu then that's me - bleeding heart liberal) I'm interested to see who will now lead the Tories... I think the best man for the job must be Jim Davidson.

Sorry seem to have lost my thread there.

Oh well.

Fri May 06, 01:57:00 PM GMT  
Blogger chris said...

wow.

Galloway really is a nasty guy.

Nice one Paxo :)

On the Tory front, I was actually quite impressed with Howard's address from Putney today. I guess I was feeling a little sorry for him.

anyways, I'm going offline for a while, phone problems....

when I get back I've got a thought on the whole "Tagging" thing that I'll put up.

Fri May 06, 04:33:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home