Home | Contact | atom | rss  

why oh why must . . .

everybody have a blog?

And so it begins.

The reprisals have started.

On my way into town this morning I spotted a police car parked up on the other side of the road. Then I saw there was a area tapped off. It couldn't be I thought to myself.

In the little row of shops, a cobbler, a mechanic, property barely more than terraced houses, there is a mosque. Its nothing extravagant at all - it doesn't advertise its presence, I'd driven past it for years and not noticed it at all. The windows just have an Arabic arch thing going on and have been painted green.

In the past I've seen small amounts of grafiti on the front, no more than any wall sees in a city. Today I couldn't really believe it - at least I didn't want to.

The front door and porch had been torched. On the way back the door was open with police going in and out - it looked like the whole ground floor had gone up. Petrol poured through the letter box I guess.

I'd thought that small minded people had got this crap out of their system in 2001. Lumping together extremists with ordinary people simply because they have the same religious texts is just crazy. You know it. I know it.

I think the thugs that torched the mosque know it really. "They're all suicide bombers" Kilroy-Silk type logic is just a cover - the thugs just don't like people that are less white than they are.



6 Comments:

Blogger Herge Smith said...

I was listening to Radio 4 yesterday, and I think it was Nick Clarke interviewing a Muslim group and he said something along the lines of 'Do you fear a backlash?', and this guy quite rightly answered, 'what do you mean, 'backlash', that implies that we had something to do with it in the first place."

If our media can't make a distiction, what chance does the common (and think) man and woman have.

On a more postive note, I noticed, whilst waiting in the Chinese takeaway this evening that the Sun had a picture of both a missing white girl and a missing asian girl - make a statement that this isn't about colour in this country - It was a really basic message, and I normally loath anything the Sun does, but I think they did the right thing.

Only time will tell.

Sat Jul 09, 10:17:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very sobering look at the issues here:
thinkersroom.blogspot.com/2005/07/terror-era.html

Mon Jul 11, 07:50:00 AM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, here
The Terror Era

Mon Jul 11, 07:54:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Chris said...

Good point there Herge Smith, it isn't pedantry, it's about accurate communication.

I'm getting pissed off hearing about 'innocent' victims - implying what? They missed the 'guilty' ones.

This situation will probably crystalise people's real feelings so we see who really is a libertarian and who is actually a bigot. I hope mostly the former.

Sun Jul 24, 07:31:00 AM GMT  
Blogger felicity said...

a bit late to the debate here : "the thugs just don't like anyone less white than they are"....but they do like their girlfriends with a nice fake tan!

Wed Aug 03, 08:44:00 PM GMT  
Blogger chris said...

complete bastards they are!

Wed Aug 03, 10:03:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home