Home | Contact | atom | rss  

why oh why must . . .

everybody have a blog?

advice on films and things

A return to my old style of blog post, link heavy and on random topics. Well, I guess they're all random. . .

I had planned to go see "Munich" tonight, sadly everybody else in manchester who has Orange phones had the same idea. By the time I got to the front of the queue the film had been on for 15 minutes.

Watching the minutes tick by wasn't the most painful thing though. The real rub was coming to the realisation that the only other movie starting at a useful time was "Underworld: Evolution".

The first movie had some charm, they clearly had some fun with a limited budget and came with a reasonable style, plus, I hadn't paid to see it. The sequel though is really, really terrible. Not even the gorgeous Beckinsdale can save it - and belive me, she has power, I've watched "Serendipity" at least three times I think.

Its about seventeen times as visceral and violent as the first one for very little justification. The possibly interesting bits are glossed over in favour of decapitations.

AND it completely rips off Terminator 2 at the end. You know - the Linda Hamilton monologue,


The future, always so clear to me, has become like a black highway at night. We were in uncharted territory now...


So now you know... anyways, I'll leave you with a couple of links. Over at "skitz" I was catching up and spotted one little gem about meetings, something we can all identify with. The boys anyway. And via BoingBoing I saw this as a response to Bush's "state of the union address".


1 Comments:

Blogger Smelly Danielly said...

HA...i think underworld evolution is the one im going to see...

Sat Feb 04, 06:05:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home